Richard Lambert is an experienced composer, organist and conductor. He is also a Senior Examiner, Trainer and Moderator for the London College of Music at the University of West London.
His compositions have been performed in the UK, Europe, North and South America and S.E.Asia.
- Visit the articles page to read Richard's writings
- Visit the news page to see everything from the last few years.
1 October 2017: Tateuchi Hall at the Community Hall for Music and the Arts, Mountain View, San Jose, CA 94040. Matt Volkar (bassoon) performed Sonata for bassoon and piano (Op.36) with Melody Fu (piano); and Humoresque (Op.33).
24 June 2017: Barrowden Church, Rutland UK. 7pm 'Music for a Summer's Evening': Richard performed with Claire O'Brien (soprano) and Rachel Smith (flute) in a concert which included the premiere of 'Echo', the fourth movement of ...too bitter sweet (Op.27), to words by Christina Rossetti, for soprano, flute and piano. Abigail's Jig for flute and piano (Op.10 No.2a) and ...in the quiet evening hours (Op.27 No.2c) were also performed.
19 May 2017: Richard gave a short organ recital in Harringworth Church, Northants UK at 7pm, as prelude to a lecture by Julian O'Neill: The Smile - a Revolution in Western Art. The music linked with the theme of the talk and included music by Bull, Boyce, Bach and March in F (Op.28 No.3).
14 April 2017: St Paul's Anglican Pro-cathedral, Valletta, Malta. Hugo Agius Muscat, as the dedicatee, gave the official premiere of Paraphrase on 'Rockingham' for organ (Op.57 No.2).
Richard has collaborated with the celebrated poet George Szirtes on a major choral work, The Returning, which, besides commemorating the centenary of WW1, delivers a message which considers the continuing emotional fall-out from universal human conflict.
- Visit the performances page to see everything from the last few years.
12 November 2017: Remembrance Day service at Ickenham United Reformed Church, Middlesex, UK. Peter Williams (organ) played In memoriam (Op.29 No.1)
1 October 2017: Tateuchi Hall at the Community Hall for Music and the Arts, Mountain View, San Jose, CA 94040. Matt Volkar (bassoon) played Sonata for bassoon and piano (Op.36) with Melody Fu (piano); and Humoresque (Op.33).
13 August 2017: Christ Church, Dorset Road, Singapore. ETB Samuel Jigme Harrison (organ) played Come, ye Thankful People, Come (Op.47 No.17).
14 April 2017: St Paul's Pro-Cathedral, Valletta, Malta. Hugo Agius Muscat played Paraphrase on Rockingham (Op.57 No.2) at the Good Friday service.
13 April 2017: St Julian's Parish Church, St Julian's Malta. Hugo Agius Muscat played Paraphrase on Rockingham (Op.57 No.2) at the Maundy Thursday service.
9 April 2017: St James the Great, Shirley, Solihull, UK Kevin Gill played Paraphrase on Rockingham (Op.57 No.2) at the Palm Sunday service.
9 April 2017: St Andrew's Presbyterian Church, Newport Beach CA. Dr Jung-A Lee played Toccata for organ 'Gloria, laus et honor' (Op.57 No.1) at the Palm Sunday service.
9 April 2017: Parish of Christ Church, Singapore. ETB.Samuel Jigme Harrison (organ) played All hail the power of Jesus' name (Op.47 No.16)
- Visit the publications page to see more.
In April 2017 Encore Publications published:
- Hodie Christus natus est - see also Hodie Christus natus est (Op.46 No.1) in the catalogue
- O Magnum mysterium - see also O Magnum mysterium (Op.46 No.2) in the catalogue
- Away in a Manger - see also Away in a Manger (Op.48 No.1) and Away in a Manger (Op.48 No.1a) in the catalogue
In October 2017 Forton Music published:
- Little Suite No.2 for two trumpets (FM674) – see also Little Suite No. 2 (Op.30b) in the catalogue
- Cameos for Flute, Bassoon and Piano (FM665) - an album comprising Abigail's Jig (Op.10 No.2c), Cantilena (Op.11g) and Five Short Pieces (Op.9d)
- Cameos for oboe, bassoon and piano (FM664) - an album comprising Abigail's Jig (Op.10 No.2d), Cantilena (Op.11h) and Five Short Pieces (Op.9e)