An organ piece which moves from solemn grieving to joyous peroration
- Op.29 No.1
- 4 minutes, 30 seconds
- In memory of John W Davis
Eschewing morbidity, the solemn D minor theme is subjected to continual variation, eventually succumbing to two noble statements in D major; the first, stated simply, the second a majestic peroration.
The piece moves from grieving a loss to celebrating a life.
- 4 April 2009: Oakham Methodist Church, Rutland UK
- 1 May 2010: Maytime Concert of Words and Music at St John's Church, Batheaston, Bath
- 15 August 2010: Memorial Evensong to commemorate the 50th anniversary of the Vickers Valiant plane (XD864) that crashed at nearby Spanhoe airfield on 12 August 1960 with the loss of five crew members. Harringworth Church, Northamptonshire
- 11 November 2012: Remembrance Day service at St Andrew’s Church, Glaston, Rutland
- 15 March 2014: Memorial Service for Elizabeth Treanor at All Hallows Church, Seaton, Rutland
- 23 February 2015: Funeral Service for Joan Elliott at Edgar Newman Chapel, Kettering, Northants, UK
- 13 November 2016 (2 Remembrance Day perfs): (i) St Peter & St Paul Church, Wing, Rutland and St John the Baptist Church, North Luffenham, Rutland UK
- 12 November 2017 Remembrance Day service at Ickenham United Reformed Church, Middlesex, UK. Peter Williams (organ)