A triumphant organ voluntary with a recurrent hymn-like main theme
- Op.29 No.3
- 3 minutes, 17 seconds
- For Dr Linda Fang
This piece, suitable as concluding music for a ceremonial occasion, is in five sections: A B A1 C A2.
The recurring main theme, hymn-like in style, has a different two-bar ending for each of the three hearings. The first episode is in E minor, and is largely set over a tonic pedal. The second episode, in C major, is presented twice, and gently parodies Elgar with the nobilmente second hearing an octave higher.
The piece would also be suitable for shortening to A B A, ending at bar 36.
- 15 April 2012 at Kampong Kapor Methodist church, Singapore
- 22 April 2012 at Trinity Methodist Church, Serangoon Garden Way, Singapore
- 5 August 2012 at Harringworth Church, Northamptonshire
- 6 October 2012, at the Karmi (Karaman) village church, near Kyrenia, North Cyprus, played by the composer
- 3 November 2012 at the wedding of Sophie and Ian at St Andrew’s Church, Lyddington, Rutland
- 16 August 2014 at the wedding of Francesca and James, St Andrew's Church, Lyddington, Rutland
- 3 May 2015 at Harringworth Church, Northamptonshire
- 26 August 2018 Eucharist service at Uppingham Parish Church, Rutland, UK.