A short piano piece, for about grades 4-5 level, written in a ‘popular’ style
- Op.37 No.1
- 1 minutes, 26 seconds
- For Christian
This is the first piece from the collection Tallat Tunes for Piano (Op.37). The composer’s use of melody, harmony and rhythm provides a ‘popular’ feel – giving instant accessibility to the ‘happy and straightforward’ mood of the piece.
- 7 November 2011: Composer Workshop at Markham College, Lima, Peru. (composer)
- 15 November 2011: LCM workshop at Bachus Conservatory, Austin, Texas (composer)
- 21 November 2012: LCM workshop at Amy Music Institute, Taiping, Malaysia (composer)
- 4 December 2012: private performance for Choo Choi Pheng at Jaya 33, Petaling Jaya, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia (composer)
- 6 December 2012: LCM workshop at Legend Music Academy, Sungai Petani, Malaysia (composer)
- 12 December 2012: private performance for Julin Khoo at JYKlasik, Penang, Malaysia (composer)
- 13 December 2012: private performance for Chin Fui Li and Julin Khoo at JYKlasik, Penang, Malaysia (composer)
- 14 December 2012: private performance for Lim Chong Hin at his studio, Penang, Malaysia (composer)
- 28 March 2013: private performance for Enid-Sian Hughes, Garth, Maesteg, Wales (composer)
- 17 April 2013: private performance for Niamh Kelleher-Downey, Newcastle West, Ireland (composer)
- 30 May 2013: private performance for Benal Tanrisever and Yasmine Tunc, BT Muzik, Levent, Istanbul, Turkey (composer)
- 17 June 2013: private performance for Sofia Andronicou Demetriou at Sofia Music School, Limassol, Cyprus (composer)
- 17 December 2013: performance at Cam Melody Ltd Phnom Penh, Cambodia (composer)
- 16 June 2016: private performance for Evren Kalaycioglu at Nesibe Ayadin Academy, Ankara, Turkey (composer)
- 5 December 2016: private performance for Ruby Liu at Ai Yue Music,Bu Nan Road, Fu Tian district, Shenzhen, China (composer)
- 17 August 2017: private performance at Ng Studio, 44A Dunearn Rd, Singapore at the request of K C Ng, with Grace Ng.
- 31 January 2018: private performance for Vincent Jeff, teacher at IAID, International Academy for Intercultural Development, Doha, Qatar (composer).
… I will be using your piece Criss Cross in my pupil's ALCM repertoire essay. Thanks for the info on the piece.
K C Ng, Singapore teacher and former LCM examiner, 22 August 2017
An audio (MP3) recording of Criss Cross is available to download exclusively from the LCME Books website. The recording is performed by Peter Wild and was recorded and mastered by Adam Peters at Vestry Hall Studios, University of West London. The sheet music (PDF) is also available to download.
- University of West London: London College of Music Examinations Piano Handbook 2013 (grade 4). ISMN: 979 0 57012 127 4