A new modal setting of the traditional carol for a cappella SATB choir
- Op.48 No.1
- 2 minutes
- For Jacob Jull
This is a completely new setting of the well-known carol. The three verses are set strophically and homophonically in a modal A minor, but ending, each time, on the flattened seventh chord – a "stable" G major.
- 20 December 2009 at Harringworth Church, Northants. Church choir (composer).
- 15 December 2014 at Grosvenor Chapel, Mayfair, London. Lazards Choir, conductor Paul Ayres
- 22 December 2019 Festival of Nine Lessons & Carols, Uppingham Parish Church (augmented) choir, Rutland, UK (composer).
- 20 December 2020 church of St Peter & St Paul , Preston, Rutland UK
- This was published in summer 2017 by Encore Publications